Bitcoin
Bitcoin (BTC)
$65,969.00 -2.82422
Bitcoin price
Ethereum
Ethereum (ETH)
$3,478.00 0.48518
Ethereum price
BNB
BNB (BNB)
$582.82 -1.54414
BNB price
Solana
Solana (SOL)
$173.78 -3.79883
Solana price
XRP
XRP (XRP)
$0.5960420 -3.18556
XRP price
Shiba Inu
Shiba Inu (SHIB)
$0.0000172 -3.16145
Shiba Inu price
Pepe
Pepe (PEPE)
$0.0000125 3.34247
Pepe price
Bonk
Bonk (BONK)
$0.0000285 -6.44719
Bonk price
Bitcoin
Bitcoin (BTC)
$65,969.00 -2.82422
Bitcoin price
Ethereum
Ethereum (ETH)
$3,478.00 0.48518
Ethereum price
BNB
BNB (BNB)
$582.82 -1.54414
BNB price
Solana
Solana (SOL)
$173.78 -3.79883
Solana price
XRP
XRP (XRP)
$0.5960420 -3.18556
XRP price
Shiba Inu
Shiba Inu (SHIB)
$0.0000172 -3.16145
Shiba Inu price
Pepe
Pepe (PEPE)
$0.0000125 3.34247
Pepe price
Bonk
Bonk (BONK)
$0.0000285 -6.44719
Bonk price
Bitcoin
Bitcoin (BTC)
$65,969.00 -2.82422
Bitcoin price
Ethereum
Ethereum (ETH)
$3,478.00 0.48518
Ethereum price
BNB
BNB (BNB)
$582.82 -1.54414
BNB price
Solana
Solana (SOL)
$173.78 -3.79883
Solana price
XRP
XRP (XRP)
$0.5960420 -3.18556
XRP price
Shiba Inu
Shiba Inu (SHIB)
$0.0000172 -3.16145
Shiba Inu price
Pepe
Pepe (PEPE)
$0.0000125 3.34247
Pepe price
Bonk
Bonk (BONK)
$0.0000285 -6.44719
Bonk price
Bitcoin
Bitcoin (BTC)
$65,969.00 -2.82422
Bitcoin price
Ethereum
Ethereum (ETH)
$3,478.00 0.48518
Ethereum price
BNB
BNB (BNB)
$582.82 -1.54414
BNB price
Solana
Solana (SOL)
$173.78 -3.79883
Solana price
XRP
XRP (XRP)
$0.5960420 -3.18556
XRP price
Shiba Inu
Shiba Inu (SHIB)
$0.0000172 -3.16145
Shiba Inu price
Pepe
Pepe (PEPE)
$0.0000125 3.34247
Pepe price
Bonk
Bonk (BONK)
$0.0000285 -6.44719
Bonk price

Apecoin DAO to invest $12.5M in YugaLabs, community decides

apecoin-dao-to-invest-12-5m-in-yugalabs-community-decides
Edited by
News
Apecoin DAO to invest $12.5M in YugaLabs, community decides

Apecoin DAO commits $12.5 million to the Digital Art Movement, and announces the launch of a novel governance token, $DAM.

The APE Foundation has greenlighted a pivotal investment in the Digital Art Movement (DAM), earmarking a hefty 11 million ApeCoins—a valuation of $12.5 million—for the venture. Orchestrated by community leader Machi Big Brother Jeffrey Huang, the proposition gained massive approval (64.92% votes) from ApeCoin’s governance community.

The transaction involves DAM’s significant outlay of 70% of the newly acquired ApeCoins to secure non-fungible tokens (NFTs) from renowned creators YugaLabs. The remaining 30% is slated for investment in other high-caliber initiatives within the digital art ecosystem.

https://twitter.com/jg_xyz_/status/1705215534915060112

Strategic implications and artistic aims

Two key outcomes are anticipated from this large-scale acquisition. First, it offers a chance to elevate the profile of NFTs in the global artistic landscape through the enrichment of exhibitions. Second, it opens doors for NFT assets donations to art-focused institutions, thereby serving as a catalyst for digital art proliferation on an international scale.

During the community voting process, the proposal amassed substantial backing, rallying 16 million $APE tokens in support. Machi Big Brother’s notable influence manifested in his hefty contribution of 4.1 million $APE votes. Still, it’s essential to acknowledge that there was dissent in the ranks, with a non-trivial 8.6 million $APE tokens cast in opposition.

DAM is also set to launch its own governance token, dubbed $DAM. The token has been designed with an inherent fairness model, electing not to allocate any tokens to the development team at its outset. Initial disbursements of $DAM will incentivize long-term commitment by being directed at ApeCoin holders who agree to lock in their holdings for up to half a decade.

As for the $DAM distribution scheme, ApeCoin stakers will receive an initial 30% of the tokens over five years, using a frontloaded distribution model. This method will reduce the distribution rate biannually. The treasury will manage the residual 70% of tokens, pending specific allocation parameters, to be decided by a community vote.

Overall, this can prove to be a significant boost for ApeCoin. The token’s price has been constantly declining throughout the last quarter, and 96% of APE holders were at a loss last month. Since then, the token is further down by 25% – causing significant worries among its holders.